When the sun goes down, the party kicks into high gear, creatures that hide during the day come alive to prowl the reef in nocturnal splendor.
The underwater world is no different. As the reef transitions from daylight to darkness, wondrous creatures that hide during the day come alive to prowl the reef in nocturnal splendor, from stealthy hunters like sharks and octopuses to ghostly glowing plankton, bizarre alien larvae and all manner of life in between.
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
Scuba diving at night teaches you:
to focus on what you can see in your light’s beam, on controlling your buoyancy by feel, on staying with your buddy and on paying attention to details you may overlook during the day. During three night dives, you’ll practice:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behavior at night.
5 sessions of confined water
4 open water dives
Boat transfer from two dives